These questions are similar to the ones asked in the actual Test.
How should I know? I know, because although I got my Certification five years back, I have re-certified with the latest version of the Associate Certification test.
Before you start here are some Key features of the LE/WM Associate Certification Exam
– The exam is Computer based and you have three Hours to answer 80 Questions.
– The Questions are (mostly) multiple choice type and there is NO penalty for an incorrect answer.
– Some of the Questions have more than one correct answers. You must get ALL the options correct for you to be awarded points.
– The Official Pass percentage is 65% (But this can vary). You will be told the exact passing percentage before your begin your test.
1. The outbound delivery plant for each item is defined in the order. The system can automatically determine the outbound delivery plant. Identity the highest priority outbound delivery plant in descending priority order?
a) Outbound delivery plant defined in material master, Outbound delivery plant defined in ship-to party master record, Outbound delivery plant defined in Customer material information master record
b) Outbound delivery plant defined in ship-to party master record, Outbound delivery plant defined in Customer material information master record, Outbound delivery plant defined in material master
c) Outbound delivery plant defined in Customer material information master record, Outbound delivery plant defined in ship-to party master record, Outbound delivery plant defined in material master
d) Outbound delivery plant defined in Customer material information master record, Outbound delivery plant defined in ship-to party master record, Outbound delivery plant defined in material master
1. The system locates a customer material information master record and an outbound delivery plant is defined there, this plant is proposed with the highest priority for the order item.
2. If no customer information master record exists or if no plant is maintained there, the system determines the outbound delivery plant from the ship-to-party master record.
3. If no plant is maintained in the ship-to-party master record either, the system accesses the material master record.
The responsible shipping point is determined for each order item. The system automatically proposes a shipping point that you can change within given limits.
The shipping point depends on the following criteria:
1. The delivering plant that is determined for each order item (from the customer-material info record, the ship-to-party record, or the material master record).
2. The shipping requirements (for example, express) contained in the “Shipping Conditions” field
3. The required loading equipment contained in the “Loading Group” field in the material master.
The shipping condition is proposed from the sales document type if a shipping condition has been assigned to it. If not, the shipping condition is proposed from the master record of the sold-to-party.
An outbound delivery is always issued from one shipping point only. The shipping point cannot be changed in the outbound delivery. When an order processed for delivery by the shipping point, the system only copies into the outbound delivery those order items that are defined for this shipping point.
Order items with different shipping points are therefore not copied into the same outbound delivery.
2. What happens when no storage location for picking is specified in the order item? (more than one option is correct)
a) The system determines the storage location when it creates the outbound delivery and copies it into the delivery item.
b) The storage location entered in the order item is used in the outbound delivery
c) The system determines the storage location from plant
d) The storage location entered in the customer master is considered
Answer: a & b
If no storage location for picking is specified in the order item, the system determines the storage location when it creates the outbound delivery and copies it into the delivery item. Otherwise, the storage location entered in the order item is used in the outbound delivery.
The system determines the picking location bases on a rule defined in the delivery type. The following rules are shipped in the standard system:
MALA: The picking location is determined based on the shipping point, the delivering plant, and the material’s storage condition defined in the material master.
RETA and MARA: These rules are mainly used in trade scenarios. You can also use the customer exit in SAP enhancement V02V0002 to implement storage location determination. The picking location search is activated for each delivery item category.
Determining the Picking Location
3. What is the goods movement status of the outbound delivery after a goods issue has been cancelled?
c) Not yet started
d) Reversed ‘-‘ sign
If goods issue for an outbound delivery is canceled, the goods issue posting is reset. The system copies the quantities and values from the original goods issue document and carries out an inventory posting based on these quantities and values with a reversed +/- sign.
If you cancel goods issue, this affects the entire outbound delivery. The cancellation document created during cancellation is entered into the document flow for the outbound delivery.
After goods issue has been canceled, the goods movement status of the outbound delivery is reset to “Not yet started”. This allows you to further process the outbound delivery as usual. The delivery requirements are also recreated. Canceling goods issue comprises two steps if the outbound delivery has been fully or partially billed. In this case you must first cancel the billing document. Then you can cancel goods issue.
For each movement type in Inventory Management, you must define a reversal movement type in Customizing. No additional settings are required for the movement types used for goods issue posting in the standard system.
4. You must always specify a batch before goods are issued. What is the solution if the delivery quantities of an item are to be taken from different batches? (more than one option is correct)
a) In Ware house Management
b) Manually in the batch split screen of the delivery item
c) Using automatic batch determination when creating the outbound delivery
d) Manually in the outbound delivery
Answer: a, b & c
You can specify a batch in the relevant detail screen for materials handled in batches (whether or not a material is handled in batches is indicated in the material master record in the “Storage 1” and “Purchasing” screens). When delivering a sales order, this batch is copied to the outbound delivery. You cannot change it there.
If a batch has not been specified in the sales order, you can enter in the “picking overview” screen of the outbound delivery. You must specify a batch before goods are issued.
You have to use the batch split function if the delivery quantities of an item are to be taken from different batches. You carry out batch split as follows:
1. Manually in the batch split screen of the delivery item.
2. Using automatic batch determination when creating the outbound delivery (this function must first be activated in the delivery item category.
3. Through manually triggered batch determination in the batch split screen
4. In Warehouse Management
You can assign a unique serial number to each material. This allows you to monitor goods movement for individual materials; for example, when selling materials to a customer. Using serial numbers you can also manage the maintenance of individual materials more easily in the system, if equipment master record exists for these materials. To use serial numbers, enter serial number profiles in the master for the relevant materials. Serial numbers are usually specified in the delivery item. However, you can also define them in the order.
You can also have serial numbers assigned automatically by the system. You must specify all serial numbers before posting goods issue.
5. What is the requirement for the Purchase order items that are included when the inbound delivery is created?
a) They should have material control key
b) They should have confirmation control key
c) Planned confirmation key
d) Order item confirmation key
Inbound deliveries can be created with reference to purchase orders. You can do this using several purchase orders, entire purchase orders, or just partial quantities of purchase order items. The inbound delivery then serves as the basis for further activities, such as transfer order creation, packing, and goods receipt posting. Inbound shipments are planned on the basis of inbound deliveries.
Purchase order items that are to be included when the inbound delivery is created must have a confirmation control key. The confirmation control key governs whether confirmations are relevant for goods receipt or materials planning. If a material document is to be created when the goods receipt posting for the inbound delivery is carried out, then the goods receipt assignment must be defined in the confirmation control.
6. Movements involving the Inventory Management system use storage areas that are defined as storage types in the Warehouse Management system and as storage locations in the IM system. The goods receipt for a purchase order is posted first in Inventory Management and the goods are then brought into the warehouse via a storage area, the goods receipt area. What are these storage areas called?
a) Storage sections
b) Interim storage area
d) One storage
The interim storage area plays a special role and can be generally be recognized at first glance in the standard system by their key ( which starts with a 9). These storage areas form a sort of bridge to Inventory Management. Good receipt area and goods issue area are typical examples of interim storage areas.
An exception to this convention is the interim storage area 100, which is used to connect Warehouse Management to Production Control via the WW-PP interface. Every goods movement that affects both Warehouse Management an Inventory Management is processed using an interim storage area. An everyday example is a goods receipt for a purchase order, which is posted first in Inventory Management.
The goods are then brought into Warehouse Management via an interim storage area, the goods receipt area. A master record is assigned to each storage type in Customizing. This is where you make the settings to control goods receipt and goods issue processes for putaway and removal from storage.
Interim Storage Areas
7. Where can we find exact whereabouts of a material quantity in the warehouse?
a) Warehouse bins
b) Storage bins
c) Storage Sections
d) Bin Sort Locations
In Warehouse Management, Storage bins are master data created either from the application menu or in Customizing. Based on this master data, the stock overview in Warehouse Management shows the exact whereabouts of a material quantity in the warehouse.
Storage bins are always created within a storage section. You can also assign a picking area and where necessary, a fire-containment section for a hazardous goods management. Every storage bin is uniquely identified by coordinates in the storage type. Up to 10 characters are available for constructing the storage bin coordinates. You can use alphanumeric characters and a selection of other characters (such as hypens ) for the coordinates.
Storage bins can also be assigned to a storage bin type. Storage bin types are optional categories that you define freely in Customizing for Warehouse Management in order to roughly specify the dimensions of you storage bins.
Storage bin types are particularly useful if storage bins of a particular storage type or storage section within storage type have different dimension.
Storage Bin Types
The system can use the storage bin types in the storage unit type check to determine whether the load carriers intended for the current putaway activity are suitable for the storage bin that was determined by the system, based on the Customizing settings or information that was entered manually by the user.
In Customizing, storage bin types (groups of storage bins) are assigned to groups of (permitted) load carriers (storage unit types) for this purpose.
You can also make optional entries for the maximum weight a storage bin can hold and its total capacity. These entries are only taken into account by the system if the capacity check has been activated at storage type level with the corresponding method.
If a storage bin has stock, this stock is displayed in detail in the storage bin master data record. You can also tell from the master record whether the storage bin inventory has already been counted in the current fiscal year, and see the results of the count.
You can block a storage bin for a putaway and/or stock removal directly from its master record. However, if you want to block a large number of storage bins, you can use a special transaction, Block/Unblock Several Storage Bins Simultaneously (transaction code LS06). The system cannot access blocked storage bins during putaway, stock removal, and posting change activities.
8. Some kinds of material; for example, certain fluids are not suited to interim storage in a goods receipt area. They are taken directly to the destination storage bin when they arrive (for example, in a road tanker). In this case, the goods receipt posting in the Inventory Management should not trigger the creation of transfer requirement. How can we set this?
a) Special Material Indicator
b) Bin putaway indicator
c) Special movement indicator
d) Special Storage indicator
The main purpose of special movement indicator is to deal with selected materials differently from the majority of materials during putaway, stock removal, or stock transfer. However, you can also set the indicator independently of the material for individual Inventory Management posting activities to control the process flow in the warehouse in a special way. Special treatment could include: for example, transfer order creation or putaway in a particular storage type. The indicator is always used to allow exceptions to the rule without having to enter the details manually.
The system steers a certain material toward its own goods receipt area during a goods receipt posting for a purchase order. With the help of the special movement indicator, which you either store in the material master record or enter during the goods receipt posting, the system determines a different Warehouse Management movement type than the one defined for the standard process. The movement type for this special processing is assigned to a different interim storage area than the standard movement type.
The special movement indicator can also cause immediate transfer order creation for certain materials or for individual activities. To do this, you add an entry with the special movement indicator in the table linking the reference movement type and the Warehouse Management movement. There is a description of this procedure later in the lesson.
9. Sometimes a customer cancels an order at the last minute or wants to postpone the delivery until a much later time than planned. If the goods have already been picked and taken to the goods issue area, they have to be returned to storage. What is the transaction available and what are its functions?
a) Transaction LT0G
b) Transaction LTG1
c) You can return an entire delivery quantity to storage
d) You can return the quantity from individual transfer order items
Answer: a, c & d
We can use transaction LT0G which makes this easier. You can decide whether you want to return an entire delivery quantity to storage or only the quantity from individual transfer order items.
Return Transfer for Outbound Delivery
Regardless of whether you want to return all or some of the picked materials to storage, you can choose between the following options:
1. Return transfer of the picked quant to the picking bin
2. Putaway in another storage bin, possibly in another storage type
You can only put away the materials in another storage bin interactively (in the foreground) or let the system do it (in the background). If you choose background processing, the system searches for a storage type according the settings for the storage type search, and searches for a storge bin according to the putaway strategy that is valid for the storage type. If an error occurs, the system creates a log.
10. What are the transactions available to create a transfer order for moving partial stocks within a warehouse number? (more than one option is correct)
Answer: a & b
Two transactions are available to create a transfer order for moving partial stocks within a warehouse number:
1. Create Transfer Order without Source Object (transaction code LT01)
2. Create Transfer Order from Stock List (transaction code LT10)
With the create transfer object without source object transaction, you can only move the stock from one storage bin. If you want to move the stock from entire storage section or picking sections in a storage type, or even all of the stock in a storage type, you should use the transaction Create Transfer Order from Stock List (RSL10034). In this program, you can select the quants you want to move and then enter the destination data. The system creates a separate transfer order for each quant.
You can use an inbound electronic data interchange (EDI) shipping notification from your vendor to create an inbound delivery. The message type for this is DESADV. You can create a delivery manually with reference to a particular order.
You can use collective processing to deliver goods for all purchase orders that are due to be shipped. In this case, the system automatically creates multiple inbound deliveries. This can be done either online or in the background.
More Questions? Have a look at: